Sunday, September 30, 2007

home*SICK*

It feels good to be well again..... I had the official loooong break....

Actually it didn't start off well... when your body's at a high temperature for days and all you can put down your throat is a few sips of water.. and then the injections... To make it worse from bad, i couldn't utter a word from my mouth.

I'd almost forgotten what it was to be sick....to keep lying down on the bed for hours and hours. When you are too weak to even thank your flatmates who give you cold compresses. When you feel so lonely that the moment you hear mom's voice on the phone...you feel like crying. When you get up at 4'o clock in the morning just to discover you again have a high temperature.. and then it gets all the more difficult to sleep . When you try hard to think of happy days to put your self to sleep. When all you crave for is your mom's hand stroking your hair and holding your hand while you sleep.

It's at times like these when I miss home terribly, much more when I miss homemade food. It's at times like these I wish I didn't stay so far from home. It's at times like these when you can differentiate.. people who care for you for yourself and people who care for you for themselves.



Maybe this was His sign, that I better start caring for myself, my body, my health lest I end up regretting it when I get old.



Here's to a healthier me.....Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...